Statement regarding Ryan Maudlen
InsureandGo UK, from whom this policy was recently purchased, are unable to comment on specific cases without the full permission of the customer.
We are, however, willing to confirm that the main reason we declined the claim was the circumstances under which the policy was purchased, rather than the medical conditions that led to Mr Maudlen’s hospitalisation.
We would advise anyone buying travel insurance from us to ensure that:
- you are a full-time UK resident, who has been living in the UK for six of the last 12 months
- you are in the UK at the time you purchase the policy, and that your trip starts and ends in the UK
- you declare any medical conditions to us at the time you purchase the policy
- you are not aware of any circumstances that will give rise to a claim when you buy the policy
- you will not be travelling to any countries that the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against travel to
Before buying a policy, whether online or over the phone, we specifically ask the customer to confirm that they meet the medical, residency and location requirements. In addition to this, we also ask the customer to agree that they have read the other terms and conditions. The customer is unable to purchase the policy until they provide this confirmation.
If you have any further questions, you can find the full terms and conditions for our policies here.
UPDATE (02/12/2014): We sent a letter to Ryan and his partner on 28th November which includes the full details of our decision regarding this claim.