Around the World in 80 Scoops
A few months ago, we published a post about bizarre ice cream flavours from around the world. So when it came time to talk about the big summer event we wanted to hold, we had weird ice cream flavours on the brain. And that’s when we came up with Around the World in 80 Scoops.
With the help of our very own local ice cream manufacturer, Rossi of Southend-on-Sea, we’ll be bringing a selection of weird and wonderful flavours to London between Monday 7th and Sunday 13th July, and we’d love you to come down and try them!
We’ll be at Canary Wharf for the first three days and on the South Bank for the last three days, with a break inbetween.
If you’re around on those days, pop down and take your tastebuds on a world tour. We’ll be serving plenty of lovely flavours (like chocolate and waffle ice cream for Belgium) but also some very strange ones (like squid ink ripple ice cream for Japan)!
We’ll also be giving away prizes each hour to the first person who tastes the mystery flavour and correctly guesses which country inspired it! There will also be street performers (including Hawaiian dancers, a steel pan musician and Venetian ballerinas) and a green screen photo booth.
Design your own flavour!
Whether you’ll be there or not, you can take part in our competition to design your very own flavour which has been inspired by a specific country. To take part, just tweet us or post on our Facebook page using the #80scoops hashtag with your flavour combination and the country that inspired it.
We’ll choose our favourite from the entries and, if you’re the winner, you’ll get the chance to go to Rossi’s factory in Southend-on-Sea and see your ice cream combination being made. You’ll even get to take home your own supply!
(Make sure you check the terms and conditions, which you can find at the bottom of this post.)
Tell us your flavour using the button below:
(Sorry, this competition has now closed.)
When and where?
Monday 7th until Wednesday 9th July – @ 11 am to 7 pm – Outside the main entrance to Canary Wharf tube station
Friday 11th until Sunday 13th July – @ 11 am to 7 pm – Queen’s Stone on the South Bank (near the Oxo Tower)
We hope to see you next week!
Competition terms and conditions
- The Around the World in 80 Scoops competition is open to all UK residents except InsureandGo employees, their families and anyone professionally involved with the administration of this promotion.
- Participation in the Around the World in 80 Scoops competition is required in order to enter the prize draw.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The entry must be completed by someone aged over 18.
- No other entry route is available other than that stated under ‘How to enter’.
- Promotion timings: Commences Monday 30th June at 10am and closes Monday 14th July 10pm. Entry into the free prize draw is only valid during this period.
- The winner will be selected by an independent adjudicator and will be notified via Twitter and/or Facebook within 28 days after the closing date (Monday 11th August 2014). If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and select a replacement winner.
- There is one prize available. The prize includes entry to Rossi’s ice cream factory in Southend-on-Sea, for the winner and a guest, and the retrieval of 4 x 1 litre tubs of their winning ice cream flavour. Any other additional costs are the responsibility of the prize winner.
- There is no cash alternative and the prize is non-transferable.
- Prize must be claimed by Monday 3rd November at 10am and is not valid over Bank Holidays including Christmas, New Year and Easter.
- All dates subject to availability at the time of booking.
- The promoter reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of their control.
- The winner agrees to participate in publicity.
- By entering the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the decision of the promoter, which is final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Promoter: Insure & Go Insurance Services Limited, 10th Floor, Maitland House, Warrior Square, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS1 2JY.
Enjoyed this post? Share it
About Dom Stapleton
As well as being the world’s northernmost capital city, Reykjavik in Iceland is also an incredible place to visit.
We stayed in a hotel right in the middle of the city and spent most days walking around from there. The main thing we noticed (apart from the cold, of course) was that the people are so friendly. At home, trying to cross the road is a nightmare, but in Reykjavik, the cars are literally queuing up to let you across.
When my partner and I went, in January 2013, the sun only started rising at about 10 am, which was a strange experience. And it got dark at about 4 pm each day!
Dom works in our marketing team